Like lots of folks, you have built a lifetime of memories in your home. You may think there’s no reason to look into any other senior living options. After all, you’re still healthy and independent!
But wouldn’t you also like more time for activities you actually enjoy?
An independent senior living community like The Terrace gives you the freedom to live the life you want, without having to do chores or run errands all the time.
Below, we’ll discuss several advantages 62+ retirement communities have to offer their residents:
1. Is Taking Care of the House Becoming a Burden?
Independent senior living provides you with the opportunity for stress-free living!
Vacuuming the floor, scrubbing the bathroom, cutting the grass and routine repairs can feel like more of a burden as time passes.
At The Terrace, we provide weekly housekeeping services, so you can enjoy the comfort of your new home and let someone else handle the chores. You can take a refreshing walk along the courtyard pathways, without having to worry about yard work.
And if your apartment needs repairs, we’ll take care of that, too.
2. Is Driving Becoming a Bit of a Hassle?
If driving has become a challenge, you may find yourself asking friends for a ride. You might be spending more money on public transportation. Even if you’re still comfortable behind the wheel, you may get tired of driving all over town to access the services you need.
62+ retirement communities provide regular transportation for banking, shopping, medical appointments and worship services — so you can leave the driving to us.
You can also access a number of convenient services right here at The Terrace, without going anywhere! These include a beauty salon and barber shop, sundry shop, laundry areas, postal service and more.
If you do choose to drive yourself somewhere, you won’t have far to go. Our community is located close to grocery stores, a shopping center, doctor’s offices and recreation areas. When you get home, you can park in your own assigned parking space or carport.
3. Do You Need a Break from Cooking?
Are you tired of cooking all the time? Even more tired of doing the dishes? Getting a little bored with ordering take-out and concerned it doesn’t meet your nutritional needs?
At an independent senior living facility like the Terrace, you never have to cook again — that is, unless you want to. Dining is included in your monthly rent, and you’ll have the flexibility to eat what you want when you want!
Our community includes three onsite restaurants featuring a wide assortment of delicious recipes from talented chefs.
- Enjoy casual dining in the Bistro. Start your day with breakfast, or drop in for pizza, salads, sandwiches and entrees for lunch or dinner.
- Join your friends at the Pub for drinks, appetizers and sandwiches in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Want to have dinner in a formal setting? Our elegant dining room offers a variety of unique menu items.
By the way, if you still love to cook, we’ve got you covered! Our independent senior living apartments come with stovetops, ovens, microwaves or a combination of all three. Purchase ingredients downstairs at the sundry shop, or at one of several nearby grocery stores.
4. Are You Looking for More Social Opportunities?
Over time, you may find yourself spending less time with family and friends.
Social relationships are just as important to a healthy lifestyle as eating right and exercising. For older adults, spending time with others may offer a greater chance at longevity, a lower risk of depression and better cognitive health.
62+ retirement communities offer lots of opportunities to make friends and a plethora of ways to stimulate your mind.
- Join your neighbors for billiards, cards or other games.
- Get in shape together with a fitness class or take your furry friend for a walk outside.
- Sign up for an educational class or join a book study to learn something new.
- Go exploring with us on a day trip to a park, museum, musical performance or other local points of interest.
As you can see, independent living is all about making life easier and more fun, while also retaining your independence.
If you’re considering independent living for yourself or a loved one, contact the Terrace today!